User:EverettjbEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Joseph B. Everett, MLS
Joe Everett is a genealogist at FamilySearch, working to help people to do their family history. He recently returned to FamilySearch, after spending eight years at Ancestry.com, working to put new databases online. Joe is currently managing an international team of research consultants who assist people at the Family History Library and worldwide through Internet learning tools. Joe was previously the head of International Reference at the Family History Library, and also worked for several years there as a technical services librarian, cataloging Slavic and Germanic records. He earned a B.A. in Russian Language and in Family History/Genealogy (Germanic emphasis) from Brigham Young University and a Master of Library Science from Emporia State University (Kansas). He has been a member of various library and genealogical associations and has lectured and published articles on Germanic & Slavic family history and Central & East European historical geography and migration.
Areas of Specialty
- Russian Research
- German Research
Professional Training and Memberships
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science
- Bachelor's Degree in Russian Language and Family History/Genealogy
- Member and sometime officer in the Federation of East European Family History Societies
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2013, at 21:53.
- This page has been accessed 97 times.