User:Evancol/Sandbox/vistaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Sponsored by the Vista California Stake we serve the Family History needs of all who visit. The Center is served by North County Transit District bus route 318.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1310 Foothill Drive
- Vista, California
- The Center is accessed from the parking lot at the South-East corner. The parking lot enterance is off Oak St. across from the Foothill Oak Elementary School.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: 760 945-6053
Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 A to 8:30 P
Thursday 9:00 A to 6:00 P
Friday and Saturday 9:00 A to 12:00 N
Thanksgiving: closed 20 November | open 27 November
Christmas: closed 18 December | open 08 January 2013
General Conference: closed 06 April
Memorial Day: closed 25 May
Independence Day: closed 29 June | open 09 July
Summer Break: closed 27 July | open 13 August
Labor Day: closed 31 August
General Conference: closed 05 October
Thanksgiving: closed 26 November | open 03 December
Christmas: closed 21 December | open 08 January 2014
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule | 2013
How do I get started?
Thursday, 31 January 7:00 P - Begin your family history with four forms
Saturday, 23 March 1:00 P - Three hours to start your family history research
Thursday, 30 May 7:00 P - Planned family history . . . Use the Research Cycle
Saturday, 22 June 1:00 P - Three hours to start your family history research
Thursday, 29 August 7:00 P - Organize and Control your family history information
Advancing your research skills . . .
Staff Training Meetings
First Monday of the month 9:00 A and the following Thursday 7:00 P
November 05 and 08
December 03 and 06
January 07 and 10
February 04 and 07
March 04 and 07
April 01 and 04
May 06 and 09
June 03 and 06
September 05 and 09
October 07 and 10
November 04 and 07
December 02 and 05
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Book Room: with a large selection of collected works and "how to" resources.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm and microfiche readers, Microfilm / microfiche printers, A number of internet linked computers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 7 November 2012, at 15:33.
- This page has been accessed 51 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More