Union, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the largest online collection of 400 New York 1795-2007 newspapers. The instructions for this quirky site are needed to get the most out of it.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the following Union, New York newspaper images:
- Union NY Union News 1857-1923
Archives, Libraries and Museums
The town of Union does not have a library but check out the Four County Library System of which Broome County is a part of, to locate the towns close to Union that have public libraries.
Broome County Library
Genealogical Resources: The Local History and Genealogy Center is located in this facility which had many resources for genealogical research (census, newspapers, military, vital records, local history).
Old Village Union Historical Society
407 E. Main Street
Endicott, NY 13760
Broome County Historical Society
Town of Union
3111 E. Main St.
Endwell, New York 13760-5990
Hours: 8 am - 4 pm
Birth, Death and Marriage Records for genealogy:
- Uncertified genealogy copies are $22.00 each. (Aug. 1, 2003)
- Birth records must be on file 75 years and person is deceased.
- Death records must be on file 50 years.
- Marriage records must be on file 50 years and both persons deceased.
Town of Union Historian
3111 E. Main Street
Endwell, NY 13760
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Union, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- This page was last modified on 5 April 2012, at 16:46.
- This page has been accessed 217 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More