Trimble County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Trimble County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||February 9, 1837|
Trimble County Kentucky Courthouse
Trimble County Courthouse
30 Hwy 42 East;
Bedford, KY 40006
Trimble County Kentucky History
1953--A disaster destroyed most records.
Trimble County Kentucky Places/Localities
|Milton||Mount Pleasant||Trout|| |
Trimble County Kentucky Genealogy Resources
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Marriages in Trimble County ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb (Indexes of two Marriage Books after the Civil War)
- African American Research (US)
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- the KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- KY Biographies ~ Jeff Murphy's Kentucky Biographies Project
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Trimble County Cemeteries ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Trimble County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Trimble Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Trimble County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Trimble County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.=
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
1840 Federal Census & Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1860 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1870 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1880 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1900 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, and 1930 federal population schedules of Trimble County are available online. For tips on accessing census records online, see Kentucky Census. If you're having trouble finding your ancestors in online indexes, try checking printed indexes. Created by local experts familiar with the area's families, these indexes are often transcribed more accurately than online nationwide indexes.
See Kentucky Population Schedule Indexes: Fiche, Film, or Book for more information about statewide printed indexes.
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Kentucky Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in the Diocese of Lexington
- Catholic Parishes in the Archdiocese of Louisville
- Trimble County Court Order Book 1 Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Trimble County Court Order Book 2 Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- First County Court, March 27, 1837 ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Abstracts of Early KY Court Cases Abstracts of Early Supreme Court Cases ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
- [Strother] Owen, Thomas McAdory, "William Strother of Virginia and His Descendants," Publications of the Southern History Association, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Apr. 1898):149-173. Digitized by Internet Archive.
- Archives of Appalachia ~ Preserving the history of the people of Appalachia.
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- Trimble County, Kentucky Archives Project
- KY Postcards Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
Trimble Democrat 1913 ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Kentucky News - Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Another Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Kentucky Newspapers on Microfilm - Kentucky Newspapers Available On Microfilm
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- Browning Genealogy Database ~ The Browning Genealogy Database - A Collection of Obituaries Compiled by Charles Browning.
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- 1837-1965 - Will Books 1 to 3 (1837-1965) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
Trimble County Tax Lists 1837, 1838 & 1839 ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1890 Tax Lists of Trimble County ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- 1852-1859 - Trimble County Birth Index 1852-1859. Batch C518021 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1853 - 1853 Births (partial) ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- 1874 - Trimble County Birth Index 1874. Batch C518022 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1875 - Trimble County Birth Index 1875. Batch C518023 at FamilySearch - free.
- Trimble County Delayed Births
- 1852-1859 - Trimble County Marriage Index 1852-1859. Batch M518021 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1875 - Trimble County Marriage Index 1875. Batch M518024 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1876-1878 - Trimble County Marriage Index 1876-1878. Batch M518025 at FamilySearch - free.
- Trimble County Deaths ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Trimble County Marriages ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- The Kentucky Vital Records Project Transcriptions of and Images of KY Death Certificates - A Work in Progress ~ The KY Vital Records Project
- KY Births & Christenings ~ Kentucky Births and Christenings, 1839-1960 Family Search
- KY Deaths & Burials ~ KY Deaths & Burials 1843 - 1970
- KY Marriage Records ~ KY Marriages 1783 - 1979 ~ Family Search
- Searchable KY Vital Records ~ Searchable databases of KY Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Kentucky Marriage Records 1973 - 2000 ~ Kentucky Marriage Records - 1973 - 2000
- KY Divorces 1973 - 1993 ~ Kentucky Divorce Records 1973 - 1993 ~ University of Kentucky Vital Records Databases
- The Social Security Death Index The Social Security Death Index - Searchable
Trimble County Kentucky Genealogy Societies and Libraries
Trimble County Public Library
112 Highway 42 East
Bedford, KY 40006
Phone: (502) 255-7362
Trimble Co Historical Society
c/o Sue Reid
5700 Montfort Lane
Crestwood KY 40014
Family History Centers
Trimble County Kentucky Genealogy Websites
- KYGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, history or other information for each county. Select the county.
- State of Kencucky Website
- USGenWeb Kentucky Archives ~ Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives ~ Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Trimble County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Trimble County Kentucky Genealogy References
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Trimble County, Kentucky page 275, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/7/75/Igikentuckymz.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 29 March 2013, at 22:12.
- This page has been accessed 2,584 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More