Talk:User group meeting agenda 5 May 2009Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1. Why are we not seeing written minutes of these meetings anymore?
2. Sometimes Wiki tables turn into oversize monsters, see Alabama Census. What causes this, how can it be avoided, and how can it be fixed?
This is a weird error. Some of the British Isles parish list tables look better than this does, appears to be something that got in the code by mistake when setting up the table. Could someone who understands advanced wikitext commands view that page's code and tell us what's going on? JamesAnderson 15:17, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
I have looked at it and know what is going on. We can bring this up at the meeting, or I can post it here. Molliewog 17:21, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
3. What are the style guidelines for naming of countries in the Wiki. For example, are we using a standard like the CIA World Factbook to decide what goes on the Browse by County list, and is the Wiki article to be titled in English, or in one of the native languages in the Browse by country list? Please see recent changes to Netherlands and Netherlands Antillies on the Browse by County list.
Diltsgd 22:06, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
This is an issue that I'm seeing on a mailing list also. What is at issue really is places whose names have either changed or the locality became part of a larger or different area. Case: Bolivian data from 1735 crossed my plate recently, problem was, the province of Peru these localities were in was only taken in to Bolivia when that country was formed in the 1820s. What country given the discrepancy? JamesAnderson 19:30, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 5 May 2009, at 19:30.
- This page has been accessed 151 times.