Steele County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Steele County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Steele County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||February 20, 1855|
|Address|| Steele County Courthouse|
111 E Main Street
Owatonna, MN 55060
Steele County Website
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1855, divorce, probate and court records
from 1858. County Recorder has land records from 1858. 
County seat: Owatonna 
- Blooming Prairie
- Blooming Prairie
- Clinton Falls
Civil War service men from Steele County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Steele County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company G.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company C.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 2nd Minnesota Company Sharpshooters, Second Company only.
- Owatonna People's Press ( February 1969- Current; Daily)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Steele County, Minnesota page 368, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Steele County Government Webpage. http://www.co.steele.mn.us/about_steele_county/facts_and_figures.html (accessed November 7, 2011).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2013, at 15:50.
- This page has been accessed 1,239 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More