Sankt Jørgens hospital, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm at the Family History Library includes church records for Årstad clerical district in Bergen. Årstad was called Skt. Jørgens hospital (church) before 1886, and belonged to Fana clerical district before 1749. Microfilmed records cover 1744-1931.
Årstad parish became its own clerical district in 1886 and included the parishes:
- Skt. Jørgens hospital with:
- D. D. Krohns og Frues Stiftelse
- de Søfarendes fattighus
- Stranges fattighus
- Pleiestiftelsen no. 1 for leprosy patients
- Lungegårdshospitalet and their employees
There is a separate record kept for the Leprosy hospital (Pleiestiftelsen no. 1 for spedalske) in Bergen for the years 1859-1886.
History of Skt. Jørgens hospital.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:34.
- This page has been accessed 171 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More