Sandusky Ohio Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a small library but are capable of spending time helping the beginner, providing local access to films, and computer access to the FHC portal sites. We can help you begin indexing for familysearch.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 4511 Galloway Rd, Sandusky, Ohio
- Entrance is located in the back (west side) of the building
- Location on Map
Phone: 419-626-0663 (feel free to leave a message with your name and number)
Open Hours: Wednesdays 10am - 2pm & 5pm - 9pm (other times by appointment)
Holiday Schedule: Closed on Holidays that fall on Wednesday. Closed the two weeks that include Christmas day and New Years day. Closed when weather closes the local schools.
Calendar and Events
Fall Genealogy Conference TBA
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Small collection of books covering the local area and general genealogy subjects
- Microfiche and Microfilm collections in various research areas
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers with high speed internet access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- Digital Imaging Equipment for copying film/ fiche to USB flash drive, DVD, CD or paper.
- 1 printer/copier
- 1 flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Sandusky Public Library
The Milan Public Library
Harris-Elmore Library - local history room
The Rutherford B Hayes Library
Center for Archival collections - Bowling Green State University
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:16.
- This page has been accessed 292 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More