Sør-Aurdal, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm at the Family History Library contain parish registers from the parishes Bagn (Sør-Aurdal), with Leirskogen chapel, Reinli, Begndal and Hedal in Sør-Aurdal clerical district. Included Bruflat parish until 1894 when it became part of the newly established Bruflat clerical district. Aurdal clerical district became Nord-Aurdal and Sør-Aurdal clerical districts in 1805. Records begin in 1807. For earlier records see Nord-Aurdal clerical district.
Also available as digital images from The National Archives of Norway.
- 1664-1666 Census Valdres prosti Aurdal clerical district for Nord-Aurdal and Sør-Aurdal parishes. Microfilmed images are available at the Family History Library Film 122968 Item 1 and as an extraction of the census 1664 census 948.24/N1 X2. It is also online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and also as a database.
- 1664-1666 Census Hadeland and Valdres fogderi Aurdal clerical district is online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images.
- 1801 Census for Aurdal (Nord- and Sør-) clerical districts include Aurdal, Sør-Aurdal, Bagn, Reinli, Begndal, Bruflat, Nord- Aurdal, Svenes, Ulnes, Skrautvål, Strand, and Nordre Etnedal parishes. Microfilmed images are available at the Family History Library Film 122994 Item 3 and online as a database as 1801-telling for 0540 Ourdahl.
- 1865 Census for Sør-Aurdal clerical district includesSør- Aurdal, Reinli, Bagn, Hedal, Bruflat, and Begndal parishes. Microfilmed images are available at the Family History Library Film 123104 Item 3 and online as a database as 1865-telling for 0540 Søndre Aurdal.
- 1875 Census for Sør-Aurdal clerical district includesSør- Aurdal, Reinli, Bagn, Hedal, Bruflat and Begndal parishes. Microfilmed images are available at the Family History Library Films 273246-273249. There is also a Farm name index Film 273273.
- 1900 Census for Sør-Aurdal clerical district includesSør- Aurdal, Reinli, Bagn, Hedal, and Begndal parishes. Microfilmed images are available at the Family History Library Films 273905-273907 and online as a database as 1900-telling for 0540 Søndre Aurdals.
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center
The Community Trees Project is an effort to gather, compile, and publish the genealogies of a given locality. Localities can be anywhere in the world and can be of varying sizes.
The Community Trees for Sør-Aurdal Clerical District are posted on the Internet. This collection was created from lineage-linked genealogies taken from the 4 volumes of the bygdebok (farm books) for the clerical district, the 1865 and 1900 Norway Census data, and parish register data available from FamilySearch. The database contains 50,980 individuals and 16,661 marriages with 90% of the database in one huge interconnected community tree. Other individuals and marriages are in other trees also in this database.
Community Trees are available for other localities in Norway. To view a list of available Community Trees, click here.
1659-1857: Probates may be found in Hadeland, Land og Valdres judicial district.
1659-1903: Probates may be found in Valdres judicial district.
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2012, at 19:52.
- This page has been accessed 429 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More