Round Rock Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Round Rock Family History Center serves the Round Rock Texas area.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 8140 Racine Trail Austin, Texas 78717
- The Family History Center is located on the corner of Cornerwood Drive and Racine Trail in Austin Texas. We are directly across the street from Cedar Valley Middle School.
- The Family History Center is located in the back of the church, opposite the steeple. Enter through the double doors and the center will be on your left.
- Map to Round Rock Texas Family History Center
Phone: 512-388-1160 (During open hours only.)
Open Hours: Tues, Wed, Thurs 10AM-1PM;
Tues, Wed, Thurs 6:30PM-9PM
Holiday Schedule: Closed major holidays. Closed Nov 20-22, 2012 for Thanksgiving. Closed Dec 21, 2012-Jan 7, 2013.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- This center has a large collection of early Mormon Pioneer Resources.
- We have a collection of early East Tennessee records. These are microfilms from the Tennessee State Library and Archives.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. The following websites are available for free use to FHC patrons: Ancestry.com, Heritagequest.com, Footnote.com, World Vital Records, Findmypast.com, and others.
- We have a collection of genealogy software programs for patron use.
- Ancestral Quest
- Get My Ancestors
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers with internet access
- 5 microfilm readers and 2 microfiche readers
- One digital microfilm printer/reader
- 1 printer ($0.10 per page to print)
- Wireless internet access for patrons
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Williamson County Genealogical Society
- Williamson County Courthouse
- Williamson County Annex\
- Round Rock Public Library
- Georgetown Public Library
- Austin History Center
- Texas State Library and Archives
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:15.
- This page has been accessed 886 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More