Riverdale, UtahEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Riverdale once consisted of a string of homes along a single road next to the Weber River. That gave it the name of “Stringtown”, then Jack Thompson’s Settlement” and Union with Riverdale as it’s final name. The first white settlers came in 1850 and it began to grow as a grist mill attracted more settlers in 1853. The settlers set up many different types of industry. By 1878 Riverdale had a population of 211.  In 1940 Hill Field was established to south of Riverdale, it is now known as Hill Air Force Base, a major local employer. On 4 March 1946 was incorporated as a city.
City HallRiverdale City Hall
4600 South Weber River Drive
Biography & Genealogies
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- Early Latter Day Saints - An Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah: comprised of photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the LDS Church 
- Records of various missions 
- Sons of Utah Pioneers Stories
- Weber County DUP Biographies
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Riverdale (Riverdale District 1860, 1877 as ward) (Weber Stake, later Lake View Stake) 
- Record of members, 1860-1908, 1877-1941
- Minutes of meetings, 1860-1908
- minutes of bishops' courts, 1960-1908
- Form E, 1907-1948 (annual genealogical report)
Emigration and Immigration
- Ellis Island Passenger Arrival Records, 1892-1924, listing passengers who stated they are going to Riverdale.
One major resource for newspapers throughout Utah is the University of Utah's Utah Digital Newspapers project "with more than 600,000 pages of digitized Utah historical newspapers." Four newspapers from Weber County are included in this digital project, the Ogden Standard-Examiner predecessors, the Ogden Junction, Ogden Herald, and the Ogden Standard. Read more... about using Utah newspapers for your family history research.
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
- History of Weber County Newspapers
- Newspapers Clippings
- Variety of Newspaper Articles
- Utah Digital Newspapers for the Ogden Standard 1879 - 1927
- Old editions are also available on microfilm at the Weber County Library.
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Stewart Library ~ Weber State University
3750 Harrison Blvd.
- Weber County Library
2464 Jefferson Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401-2404
fax: (801) 337-2615
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Digitized images of marriage licenses issued for Ogden from June 1888 to present are available online at Weber County Marriage Licenses
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956 -A free internet access to the 1904-1956 death certificates can be viewed on the Family Search Historical Records. Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased, date of death, and place of death, as well as the age, birthdate, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence. For information on death prior to 1904 you can search the Utah State Burial Index.
- Ancestry.com $ Utah Death Index 1905-1951 Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins about 1962.
- Weber County, Utah Death Records 1898 to 1904
- Health Department
- Hill Air Force Base
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Riverdale. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
Sources and Footnotes
- ↑ Riverdale Early History
- ↑ "FHLC Book 979.2 D3e" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Western Epics, 1966). <br> Vol. 1 part 1 (FamilySearch Books Online)<br>Vol. 1 part 2 (FamilySearch Books Online)
- ↑ Northrop, Joseph M.; Records of various missions Film: FHL 944282 Item 5
- ↑ "FHLC Film 26452-26453' (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1952)
- This page was last modified on 9 November 2012, at 05:28.
- This page has been accessed 505 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More