Ripley County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ripley County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ripley County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 5, 1833|
|Address|| Ripley County Courthouse|
Doniphan, MO 63935
Ripley County Website
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records 1833;
Probate Court has probate records
- See an interactive map of Ripley County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Arnold Cemetery, Harviell
- Fairdealing Cemetery, Fairdealing
- Gum Cemetery, Harviell
- Masonic Cemetery, Neelyville
For tips on accessing Ripley County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Ripley County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Ripley County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- 1883 - Ripley County Birth Index 1883. Batch C515315 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1889 - Ripley County Birth Index 1889. Batch C515316 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1833-1881 - Ripley County Marriage Index 1833-1881. Batch M515671 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Ripley County Marriage Index 1881-1885. Batch M515672 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
- 1885 - Ripley County Death Index 1885. Batch B515315 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ripley County, Missouri. Page 405 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f4/Igimissourir.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 24 April 2013, at 17:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,420 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More