Review Articles for PublicationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Articles that are new or revised from a previous version are automatically sent to a Review List. If you are a reviewer, the articles that are in the Review List on your screen will be those that are associated with the research locality you are assigned to review. Click on the article title in the Review List to open it and begin the review.
The reviewer has the responsibility to check the following items:
- Website links. Do the links work? Are the sites non-offensive? If the links to outside websites are broken or if they are possibly offensive in any way, the reviewer should Reject the article.
- Links to internal articles. The content in the article may be linked to related articles in the Wiki. The reviewer should check each link to be sure the links are working and are correct. If the internal links are inaccurate, the reviewer should reject the article.
- Profanity check, bad words.
- Images.Check that no inappropriate images are included.
Review Items Not Required
The reviewer does not need to edit the article they are reviewing. The reviewer does not need to check the article for the following items:
- Spelling errors.
- Accuracy of content.
- Copyright infringement.
- Non-genealogical content.
- Adherence to a template.
Publish or Reject
When the article passes the review, the State of the article should be changed to:
When the article does not pass one of the review items, the State of the article should be changed to:
- When an existing article is revised, reviewed, and the state is changed to “Publish,” the old article is automatically sent to the Archives. Only a manager and the original author of the article can view the archived article.
- This page was last modified on 29 July 2008, at 07:06.
- This page has been accessed 605 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More