Ralls County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ralls County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ralls County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||November 16, 1820|
|County Seat||New London|
|Address|| Ralls County Courthouse|
311 S Main Street
New London, MO 63459
Ralls County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records.
Clerk has birth and deaht records 1883-1886;
Clerk Circuit Court and Recorder of Deeds has
marriage, divorce, court and land records from 1821;
probate Judge has probate records
- See an interactive map of Ralls County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Barkley Cemetery, New London, Missouri
For tips on accessing Ralls County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Ralls County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Ralls County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- 1837-1866 - Ralls County Birth Index 1837-1866. Batch C515641 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1893 - Ralls County Birth Index, Volume A, 1883-1893. Batch C582497 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
- 1883-1886 - Ralls County Death Index 1883-1886. Batches B582497 and B393549 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Ralls County Historical Society and Museum in Perry, Missouri.
Ralls County Public Library in Center, Missouri
Hannibal Free Public Library in Hannibal, Missouri
These are all important depositories of Ralls County historical and genealogical materials.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ralls County, Missouri. Page 404 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f4/Igimissourir.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 24 April 2013, at 17:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,691 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More