Pennsylvania For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following handbooks will give more detailed information about research and records of Pennsylvania:
- Bell, Raymond Martin. Searching in Western Pennsylvania. The Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, 1968. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Clint, Florence. Pennsylvania Area Key: A Guide to the Genealogical Records of the State of Pennsylvania; Including Maps, Histories, Charts and Other Helpful Materials. 2nd ed. Denver, Colo.: Area Keys, 1976. FHL book 974.8 D27c An area key has also been published for each county.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. FHL book 973 D27rb also see: WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Heisey, John W. Handbook for Genealogical Research in Pennsylvania. Indianapolis, Ind.: Heritage House, 1985. FHL book 974.8 D27h
- Hoenstine, Floyd G. Guide to Genealogical and Historical Research in Pennsylvania. 3rd ed. Hollidaysburg, Pa.: F. G. Hoenstine, 1978. FHL book 974.8 A3h This includes a bibliography of research materials available for rental or sale. It also contains an important surname index to many local histories. Also use the 1978-84 supplement.
- Iscrupe, William L., and Shirley G. M. Iscrupe, comps. Pennsylvania Line: A Research Guide to Pennsylvania Genealogy and Local History. 4th ed. Laughlintown, Pa.: Southwest Pennsylvania Genealogical Services, 1990. FHL book 974.8 D27p Contains informative maps and a gazetteer.
- Schweitzer, George K. Pennsylvania Genealogical Research. Knoxville, Tenn.: G. Schweitzer, 1986. FHL book 974.8 D27s
- This page was last modified on 22 August 2012, at 22:20.
- This page has been accessed 785 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More