Parke County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Parke County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Parke County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 9, 1821|
|Address|| Parke County Courthouse|
116 W High Street #204
Rockville, IN 47872
October 1833 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
For tips on accessing Parke County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Parke County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Pioneer Settlers of Parke County ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Parke County (1858, 1868) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Portrait and biographical record of Montgomery, Parke and Fountain Counties, Indiana containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens, together with biographies and portraits of all the presidents of the United States. (1893. Chicago: Chapman Bros.)other librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
- B.F. Bowen & Co. History of Parke and Vermillion Counties, Indiana: With Historical Sketches of Representative Citizens and Genealogical Records of Many of the Old Families. (Indianapolis: B.F. Bowen, 1913.) 977.2 H2hpv FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collectionother librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
- Beckwith, H. W., J. H. Beadle, and S. B. Gookins. 1880. History of Vigo and Parke Counties together with historic notes on the Wabash Valley gleaned from early authors, old maps and manuscripts, private and official correspondence and other authentic though, for the most part, out-of-the-way sources. (Chicago: H.H. Hill & N. Iddings.) FHL Collectionother libraries Family History Archives
- Family Maps of Parke County, Indiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
War of 1812
Civil War service men from Pike County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Pike County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Companies E, H, and K
- 4th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company K
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies G, and I
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company F
- 14th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 31st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 43rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 58th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 78th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (60 days, 1862), Companies C, and D
- 80th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 85th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and B
- 115th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (6 months, 1863-4), Company B
- 123rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 137th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company I
- 149th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies E, and I
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
World War I
World War II
Naturalization and Citizenship
- Parke County obituaries (1853-2006) are available by mail from the Rockville Public Library. An index to the obituaries is available online at Parke County Obituaries.
Parke County Courthouse
116 W High Street #204
Rockville, IN 47872
County Health Department has birth records from 1902 and death records from 1882; County Auditor has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1833; County Recorder has land records from 1833
Family History Centers
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892-Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920-[https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://www.familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1947977 FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Parke County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 22:55.
- This page has been accessed 2,212 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More