Orem Utah YSA 2nd Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map Link: Google map location of the Orem Utah YSA 2nd Stake Family History Center
Address: Located in the Institute POD at 844 W 800 S, attached to the stake center at 824 W 800 S, Orem, Utah 84058
- Enter building from main entrance on West side of building.
- If lot is open, park in stake center parking lot. Otherwise park to the East of the building.
Director's Cell Phone: 801-362-0790
- Sundays 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Groups may schedule other times during the week by contacting the Center Director
- Closed 27 May, Due to long Memorial Day Weekend
- Closed 17 June, Fathers Day
Calendar and Events
None currently scheduled
Sunday Schedule: Open from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Drop-in patrons are welcome during all open hours, including during class periods
- 10:00 - 11:30 Ward Sunday School Family History classes
- 2:00 - 3:30 Ward Sunday School Family History classes
- Help is available for learning Indexing, new FamilySearch, and Internet Research
Wednesday Schedule: Open for CES classes only
- BYU CES: Family History
- Instructor: Lindsay Powell
- Jan 4 - Apr 11, 2012 Classes (a)10:00 am - Noon; (b)Noon - 2:00 pm
- Rep: Patricia Dunn (801) 362-8010
- Registrations by phone: (801) 422-8925
- This is a computer-only family history center. There are no microfilm readers.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- PAF, FamilyInsight, RootsMagic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest and other software is available for patron use
Hardware and Equipment
- Projector system and 32 computers with Internet service
- Available for group training or individual patron research
- Headphones available for patrons to use with individual training course videos
Staff Research Specialties
US, British Isles, Canadian, German, Swedish.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunteer at the center please contact the center director by phone or e-mail listed above.
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:13.
- This page has been accessed 521 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More