Oldenburg – Herzogtum (duchy)GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
As there are no central record retrieval systems for German records, it is imperative to know the record jurisdictions to which your ancestor's place of origin belonged. The object of this project was to list the place names within the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg, along with:
1) Physical description, i.e. farm, city, etc.
2) Community to which it belonged, (similar to a district).
3) The name of the County Seat
4) The Lutheran parish jurisdiction.
5) Where the Lutheran records are housed.
6) The Catholic parish jurisdiction.
7) Where the Catholic records are housed.
This is currently an ongoing project.
- This page was last modified on 26 November 2012, at 21:58.
- This page has been accessed 832 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More