North Carolina Estate Files (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: In some cases there are pages located within an estate file that belong to a different individual’s file. How do I find where they belong?
Answer #1: The correct location can be found by doing a search for the name of the individual. It is most probable that the pages were misfiled prior to the filming of the records.
Question #2: I can’t find an ancestor I believe should have files in this collection. Is it possible there are missing files in some of these counties?
Answer #2: Occasionally there are pages located within an estate file that belongs to a different person. Sometimes you can find a misplaced file in a folder close by alphabetically.
Question #3: I am looking for the surname “A” in Person County. Can you tell me where I can locate these records?
Answer #3: The files with surnames from Adcock, Burges to Baird, William from Person County, have been inadvertently added to the records in Pender County.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: North Carolina, Estate Files, 1663-1964 > Bertie County > C > Cherry, James (1816) > Image 2 of 46
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the North Carolina Estate Files (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the North Carolina, Estate Files, 1663-1964 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 March 2013, at 03:43.
- This page has been accessed 240 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More