New York, State Census, 1855 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: I keep getting the message “Image Not Available” message for several browse points in this Collection. Are these images available?
Answer #1: The following browse points are not available online at this time:
- In Cayuga County, the browse points from Mentz E.D. 1 through Victory. The film#1435219 can be ordered (See Ordering Microfilm and Microfiche) in to a local FamilySearch Center for viewing.
- The Fulton > Oppenheim browse point. Film #462875 may be ordered to view these images.
Question #2: I am not finding the head of a family listed with the rest of the family in the Cayuga>Auburn, Ward 4 waypoint. Can you explain this?
Answer #2: In this waypoint the pages appear to be out of order when they were filmed. For instance, on image 17, the left side page is numbered 40, the right side is numbered 48. Page 41 which should be on the left side is found on image 21. This caused families to be split when they were indexed. When viewing images in this waypoint you will need to watch for consecutive page numbers at the top of the page to assure the connection of families that carry over to the next page.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: New York, State Census, 1855>Cayuga>Mentz, E.D. 1> Image 1 of 43
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the New York, State Census, 1855 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
- This page was last modified on 22 May 2013, at 21:07.
- This page has been accessed 424 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More