Monroe Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Monroe Utah Family History Center serves individuals residing in the southern part of Utah's Sevier Valley. The center provides free access to numerous genealogical websites and databases, and houses a small permanent collection of local history books and microfilm/microfiche (with the ability to order additional microfilm from the Family History Library). Those in the the local area are encouraged to visit and receive consultation and other general assistance with their family history. The center is staffed on a limited schedule and by appointment with Ward Family History Consultants.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 260 East Center Street, Monroe, Utah 84754 (This is not a mailing address)
- The center is located just west of the South Sevier Middle School. The center shares a building with Gunnison Valley Hospital's Monroe Clinic, and as such the center is entered into through the left door in the lobby. Parking is available on the street in front of the center.
- Monroe Utah Family History Center - Google Maps
- 435-527-4612 (call during open hours)
|Sunday||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Tuesday||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
- The center is also open by appointment with Ward Family History Consultants.
- Group visits: Due to staffing concerns and space availability, groups which plan to visit the center for any reason should contact the center during open hours to schedule an appointment.
- Closed most federal and state holidays, please call for information on specific dates.
Calendar and Events
No current events
No upcoming events
No current classes
Staff Training Meetings
Staff Training is held the third Thursday of each month.
The following in an incomplete listing of this center's permanent collections:
- Numerous local histories
- Local newspaper clippings provided by the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers
- South Sevier High School Yearbooks (1950s-1960s)
- LDS Church Ward Records for cities and towns in Sevier and Sanpete Counties (from the time of the ward's organization to 1948)
- Monroe Vital Records (up to 1953)
- Utah Immigration Card Index 1847-1869 (aka Crossing the Plains Index)
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the microfilms and microfiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. The ordering service is available at www.familysearch.org/films
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes Ancestry.com, ArkivDigital, Findmypast.co.uk, Fold3, NewsaperArchive.com, WorldVitalRecords.com, etc.
- Personal Family History programs
- Ancestral Quest
Hardware and Equipment
- 16 desktop computers
- 3 laser printers
- 2 black and white (0.05¢ per page)
- 1 color (0.15¢ per page)
- 2 microfilm viewers
- 1 microfiche viewer
- 1 microfilm/microfiche image printer (0.25¢ per page)
- 1 color copier (0.10¢ per page)
- 1 image scanner
Resources in the Local Area
See also: Richfield Utah Family History Center
- Daughters of the Utah Pioneers (DUP): Sevier South companies and camps
- Sons of the Utah Pioneers (SUP): Sevier Valley Chapter
- Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah - Koosharem Band of Paiutes
Sevier County research
- This page was last modified on 17 May 2013, at 00:52.
- This page has been accessed 358 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More