Mexico Catholic Church Baptism RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Children were generally baptized within a few days of birth. Baptismal records usually give the following information:
- infant’s place and date of baptism
- name and status of legitimacy
- parents’, godparents’, and sometimes grandparents’ names.
- You may also find the child’s birthday
- racial distinction
- family’s place of residence or birthplace of parents
- If a child died within a few days of baptism, or if a child grew up and married, this information has sometimes been added as a note.
- Reading Spanish baptism records
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- Locating Mexico Catholic Church parish records
- Catholic Church history and organization in Mexico
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 17:00.
- This page has been accessed 5,591 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More