Meridian Idaho West Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
1985 N Black Cat Road (between Cherry Lane & Ustick Road)
Meridian, Ada, Idaho, United States
The entrance is at the rear (west) of the building. Enter through the double doors and the Center is the first door on your left.
E-mail: Margaret Loosle, Family History Center Director
Open Hours: Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 to 9 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Holiday Schedule: Closed Month of August
Closed Week of Thanksgiving
Closed December 19 through January 2
Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
FHC Portal The following databases are available for free use by patrons while they are at the Family History Center:
- Heritage Quest
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote.com)
- Godfrey Memorial Library;
- US 19th Century Newspapers
- World Vital Records
- Genline Family Finder
- The Genealogist
- Historic Map Works
- Paper Trail
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: Research Database, Letters & Diaries, Images, Photographs & Posters
- Find My Past
- Access Newspaper Archive
Hardware and Equipment
- 17 Patron Computers with internet access
- 2 Microfilm and 1 Microfiche Readers
- 2 Digital Scanning from film, Microfiche
- Copy Machines
Resources in the Local Area
- Idaho Historical Society, http://history.idaho.gov/
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:12.
- This page has been accessed 411 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More