McLeod County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to McLeod County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|McLeod County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 1, 1856|
|Address|| McLeod County Courthouse|
830 11th St
PO Box 127
Glencoe, MN 55336
McLeod County Website
Recorder has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1865, school census and land records.
County Administrator has divorce, probate and court records.
Veterans Service has military records. 
- 1856--McLeod County was created 1 March 1856 from Carver and Sibley Counties. County seat: Glencoe 
- For a brief history of how McLeod County was named, click here. Then select McLeod County.
For a list of cities and towns go to hometownlocator.com or wikipedia.com.
- Family Maps of McLeod County, Minnesota (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Civil War service men from McLeod County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of McLeod County.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McLeod County, Minnesota page 366, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 23:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,283 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More