Marthall, CheshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MARTHALL, is a chapelry and township in Rostherne parish, and partly also in Knutsford parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1 mile WNW of Chelford railway station, and 3½ miles SE by E of Knntsford. The chapelry was constituted in 1840, and is called Marthall-cum-Little Warford. The post townis, Knutsford.
Marthall All Saints is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1840 from Rostherne, Cheshire Ancient Parish and Knutsford, Cheshire Ecclesiastical Parish.Other places in the parish include: Little Warford.
Marthall cum Warford was a township in Over Peover chapelry of Rostherne Parish, Bucklow which became a civil parish in 1866.
In 1976, Marthall civil parish was formed in its present state by including the neighbouring village, Ollerton.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online events may be searched Cheshire BMD
Marthall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials have been indexed by the following groups:
|FS PR's =FamilySearch Parish Registers|
|FS BT's = FamilySearch Bishops Transcripts|
|Marthall Parish Online Records|
|FS PR's|| NONE
|FS BT'S|| 1839-1892
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Marthall- All Saints
Baptisms Transcript-1839-1947- MFPR 340
Burials Transcript-1843-1947- MFPR 340
Marriages Transcript-1866-1946- MFPR 340
For original registers of above please enquire at Cheshire Record Office.
The Manchester Room and Greater Manchester County Record Office
Email: email@example.com The Manchester Room@City Library (Local Studies)
Non Conformist Churches
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241234. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cheshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/marthall-all-saints/ For information about the parish
- This page was last modified on 23 April 2013, at 16:19.
- This page has been accessed 289 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More