Map/Society Page Project - How to Create a Society PageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Map/Society Page Project How to Create a Society Page
How to Create a Society Page
Follow these steps:
Step One - Invite your Society to Participate
- Decide who from your society will enter information on your society Wiki page.
- Editing on the Wiki is similar to Microsoft Word and other word processing programs.
- There are written instructions and online videos to help guide a beginner through the process of editing on the Wiki.
Step Two - Create a FamilySearch User Account
- If you are the appointed society representative to add information to the Wiki society page, you must create a FamilySearch user account. This will be a personal account and not a society account.
- Instructions on how to Create FamilySearch account. To print the instructions on the webpage, click on the printer icon at the top of the page.
- You may already have a FamilySearch user account if you have indexed on FamilySearch or signed in to view some images on FamilySearch Historical Records. If so, you do not need to create a new account.
Step Three - Contact FamilySearch
- To begin editing your Society page, you must have FamilySearch create one for you. Send an email to: USWiki@FamilySearch.org.
- An email will be sent as soon as the society page is completed.
Step Four - Collect Information about Your Society
- Use the Society Page and Infobox Form to determine what you would like on your society page
- Skip any sections that do not apply to your society.
- NOTE: The society page structure may change throughout the pilot project. Updates and information will be given to societies who participate.
Step Five - Log into the Wiki
- Log into the Wiki by going to wiki.familysearch.org and clicking, "Sign in" at the top right of the screen.
- Type in your user name and password and press enter.
- When you have successfully logged in, your name should appear in the top right of the screen.
Step Six - Add Info to Your Society Page
- Once you are logged in, locate your society page by typing your society name in the search box. Example: The Brickwall Genealogical Society.
- Review the results list and click on your society page.
- Instructions on how to add information to the society Info box and the society Wiki page are below:
- You may find it helpful to view a completed example of a completed society page
Where To Get Help During the Process
If you need help editing your society page, there are many ways to get answers to your questions:
- Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 8am - 5pm; Tues: 11am - 5pm All times are Mountain Time
- Send an email: USWiki@familysearch.org
To report a problem with the Society Page, please email:
- This page was last modified on 14 March 2013, at 16:59.
- This page has been accessed 545 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More