Lowestoft England Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Lowestoft Family History Centre serves all Lowestoft and rural and Gorleston and Gt Yarmouth areas.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 165 Yarmouth Rd, Lowestoft, Suffolk (corner of Yarmouth Rd and Hollingsworth Rd)
- Come in at double gate on Hollingsworth Rd.
- There is ample Parking, Come into building up steps with the Ramp.
- There are coat hangers in middle cupboard in corridor.
- The Centre is the 2nd door on the right in corridor where you entered the building.
- Location on Map
- Tues: 2-4pm & 7-9pm by appiontment only
- Wed: 9am-12pm
- Thurs: 7-9pm Call to make appointment.
Holiday Schedule: Closed at Christmas dates to be posted.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Computer and printer
- 2 Fiche Readers
Staff Research Specialties
Centre Staff are friendly, most helpful, and will help in any way that they can, no challenge too small, if not good on computers will help search for you.
Resources in the Local Area
Lowestoft Record Office in Lowestoft Central Library, Clapham Rd, Lowestoft.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:11.
- This page has been accessed 295 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More