Lewisville Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lewisville Family History Center serves patrons from Lewisville, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Corinth, Lantana, Double Oak, Copper Canyon and outlying areas.
The Center has a separate entrance at the rear of the Chapel Building.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 902 N. Chinn Chapel Road, Highland Village, TX 75077
- 6/10 miles north of intersection of FM407-Justin Rd and Chinn Chapel Rd.
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- 2nd Saturday of each month - 9:00am - Noon
- By appointment: Contact a family history consultant or email: email@example.com
2013 Holiday Schedule:
We will not be open the follow dates:
- 4th of July - Thursday July 4
- Thanksgiving - Monday, November 25 - Friday, November 29
- Christmas Break - Thursday, December 20 - Wednesday, January 6
Calendar of Events
Workshop Schedule for 2013
All Workshops are held in the Primary Room at the Family History Center unless stated otherwise.
- Tues, Jan 8, 7-8 pm "Family Tree, are you on?" by Darlene Kopta
- Tues, Feb 12, 7-8pm "The Power of Google" by Richard Owings
- Tues, Mar 12, 7-8 pm "US Military Research" by Sue Chellew
- Tues, Apr 9, 7-8 pm, "The Draper Manuscripts" by Ellen Johansen
- Tues, May 14, 7-8 pm "Mobile Devices and Genealogy" by Darlene Kopta
Bring your tablets and/or smart phones
- Tues, Jun 11, 7-8 pm "US Naturalization Records" by Sue Chellew & Sandra Hansen
No Workshops will be held in July or August
Fall Workshops to be announced at later date
Consultant Training Meetings
3rd Thursday monthly, 7-8 pm @ Stake Center, Primary Room
No consultant training will be held in June, July, August or December.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Extensive collection of indefinite microfilms and microfiche.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Websites include: Family Search, Ancestry, Find My Past, Fold 3, World Vital Records, Heritage Quest, Arkiv Digital
- Also have access to: 19th Century British Library Newspapers Digital Archives, Historic Map Works, Paper Trail
- Limited Reference Library
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computer stations
- 4 microfilm readers (one with printing capability)
- 3 Microfiche readers
- Copying capabilities (If making more than 20 copies, please donate paper)
What We Offer
- Research help: We do not perform the research for patrons but we answer questions and suggest possible resources.
- Assist in cleaning up data files
- Provide service opportunites for missionaries and volunteers
- We offer workshops - see schedule for details
Resources in the Local Area
Grapevine Public Library 1201 Municipal Way Grapevine, TX 76051 817-410-3429
Dallas Public Library 1515 Young St. Dallas, TX 75201 214-670-1433
Fort Worth Public Library - Central 500 W 3rd St. Fort Worth, TX 76102 817-392-7701
The National Archives at Fort Worth
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering, we are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people that are willing to help patrons with research techniques and seeking their ancestors at all skill levels.
Online Film Ordering
If you know the film number you want to order go to:
If not, go to https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog to search the Family History Library Catalog.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:11.
- This page has been accessed 594 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More