Lakeville Minnesota Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 19640 Kachina Ct., Lakeville, MN 55044
- Enter building on the west side by the stairs, for handicap access please call the center at 952-435-2681 (and enter on the north or south side of the building using wheelchair ramps).
- Map: http://binged.it/Rh4cb6
Phone: 952-435-2681 (please call to ensure we are open)
- Mondays: Closed
- Tuesdays: Closed
- Wednesdays: 9 am - 3 pm and 6:45 pm - 8:15 pm
- Thursdays: 9 am - 3 pm
- Fridays: Closed
- Saturdays: Closed
- Sundays: Closed
- Holiday Schedule: Closed during holidays
- For access by appointment please email
Calendar and Events
- Feb 26 7:00-8:30 pm - Introduction to the new FamilyTree software - Changes/updates, how to add source images, make changes, and the powerful new image management software.
- No current classes scheduled. For training or class requests please email.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Numerous German microfilms on extended loan specializing in Ostfriesland, Germany.
- Full list of microfilm and microfiche at our library found at http://sdrv.ms/12384hJ
Databases and Software
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Websites available are:
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Alexander Street Press (Civil War)
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Swedish church records
- Find My Past (UK)
- Fold 3 (specializing in military records)
- The Genealogist (UK)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 patron use computers
- Microfilm and Microfiche readers
- Black and white laser printer
- Digital camera for microfilm pictures
Staff Research Specialties
- German ancestor research - specializing in Ostfriesland, Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
- Dakota County vital records
- Createfan - Export your familysearch tree to a 9 generation chart.
- New.FamilySearch - Retiring church website for family history and temple name submission.
- FamilyTree - New church website for family history
- Familysearch photos - beta site for uploading images to family search and linking to tree
- Familysearch companion software - additional tools to use with familysearch or familytree
Volunteer at the Center
Community volunteers with an interest in family history, and a desire to serve others, who are willing to commit to a weekly shift for at least one-two years are invited to join our staff. Training will be provided. Contact the Director for further information.
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:11.
- This page has been accessed 406 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More