Lake County, MontanaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lake County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lake County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||May 11, 1923|
|Address|| Lake County Courthouse|
106 4th Avenue
Polson, MT 59860-2125
Lake County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 11 May 1923 from Flathead and Missoula
- County seat: Polson 
- Neighboring Counties: Flathead | Missoula | Sanders
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Ignatius
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- See an interactive map of Lake County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
Naturalization and Citizenship
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk Recorder has birth, death and land records from 1923; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1923 and naturalization records 1923-1953
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
|Dayton||Kicking Horse||Ravalli||Turtle Lake|
|Elmo||Kings Point||Rocky Point||Woods Bay|
The Flathead Indian Reservation comprises most of Lake County. Small portions of the reservation are also in the surrounding counties of Flathead , Missoula, and Sanders Counties.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.
- This page was last modified on 23 May 2013, at 16:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,437 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More