Kingswinford, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
SWINFORD, KING'S (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Stourbridge, N. division of the hundred of Seisdon, S. division of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Dudley. This parish, is situated on the roads from Dudley to Stourbridge, and from Wolverhampton to Worcester. The Baptists, Independents, Primitive Methodists, and Wesleyans, have places of worship.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474624. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 13 December 2012, at 14:06.
- This page has been accessed 280 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More