Johnston County, OklahomaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Johnston County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Johnston County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Johnston County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Oklahoma|
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Johnston County Courthouse|
403 W. Main, room 201
Tishomingo, Oklahoma 73460
1907--Johnston County was created 16 July 1907 from Chickasaw Lands.
County seat: Tishomingo 
Johnston County History Book Committee and John. D. Montgomery. History of Johnston County, Oklahoma. Dallas, Texas: Curtis Media, 1988 FHL Book 976.668 H2jo
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Ada newspapers that may have included Johnston County residents. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Johnston County, Oklahoma. Page 559 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 2 May 2013, at 12:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,074 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More