Introduction to New FamilySearchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|10741 Santa Monica Blvd,|
Los Angeles, California 90025
|Mon, Fri, Sat: 9:00am – 5:00pm|
Tue, Wed, Thu: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Hours & Holiday Schedule
Finding Ancestral Names for Temple Work and Information About Them
Introduction to New FamilySearch Class
There is no class scheduled at this time
Purpose for the New Family Search program
New FamilySearch, also known by it's initials NFS, is the church’s new flagship internet based family history program. All Temple submissions at the Los Angeles Temple now require its use. The program was created to:
• Reduce duplication of temple ordinance work.
• Simplify the process to submit names to the temple.
• Help families work together to identify their ancestors and to make sure their family history is as accurate and complete as possible.
Each NFS class is free and only one class is required. However, you are welcome to attend more than once. Among the items covered are:
- Creating your NFS account
- Starting you own pedigree
- Adding to your pedigree
- Checking for new and duplicate names
- Reserving uncompleted work that needs to be done
- Getting cards printed for use at the Temple.
No Classes are currently scheduled, but when they are, Pre-registration is required. Instructions will be posted here when classes are scheduled.
The High Priest Group Leaders or other ward leaders can call in to schedule a time slot for their wards. .
An advanced class can be scheduled also. More information on this class will be posted soon.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2013, at 21:33.
- This page has been accessed 586 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More