Patrolling Recent Changes
Currently, the patrolling of recent changes is done only on Discussion/Talk pages. If you would like to help us be able to patrol all changes to the wiki, volunteer to help on the Discussion page.
Patrolling Discussion/Talk Pages
- Go to the Recent Changes report
- Log in with your username and password. (This requires Moderator rights.)
- Click here to get a list of recent changes to patrol.
- Select to view 500 results (keep Namespace selected "all")
- Click on Hide patrolled edits to only show those pages that need patrolling.
- Find Talk pages to patrol
- Click the dropdown next to Namespace.
- Select Talk. Then click Go.
- Pages with the ! orm! before the page title need to be patrolled.
- Click (diff) at the beginning of the line to see the specific change that was made.
- When complete, go back to the Namespace list and choose User Talk. Then click Go.
- Go through the following patrolling steps for the Discussion/Talk pages associated with each of the 11 namespaces.
- Patrol the changes
- If the policies and guidelines are being followed, click [Mark as patrolled]. It is located at the top under the right side revision information, above the changes.
- We are also looking for:
- Questions that patrons ask
- Problems, concerns, or other issues that may need to be resolved
- Trends that may indicate larger concerns or issues to resolve
- If the comment on the page is regarding one of the above, see the Help:Patrolling Discussion pages page for more information.