Grants Pass Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Grants Pass Oregon Family History Center is located in the Grants Pass Stake building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 1969 Williams Highway. Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side. The staff is made up of people who love family history and enjoy helping other people find their roots. We are not professional genealogists. We serve all of Grants Pass but not the Cave Junction area as they have their own small FHC.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 1969 Williams Highway, Grants Pass, Oregon
- Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side of the building. There is a security system with a phone pickup to the center. A staff member will open the door for you.
- Location on Map
Open Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Wednesday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
August open hours: Tuesday - Friday 12:30 - 4:30 PM, closed County Fair Week August 13-16.
Calendar and Events
Grants Pass Family History Seminar: Saturday, October 13, 2013; all are welcome to this free all day function.
Staff Training Meetings (staff only)
4th Tuesday of each month except August and December from 4:00-5:30 PM
Family History Library Catalog We have direct digital access to many collections and resources that formerly were available only by mail or personal visits.
- Additional collections we have will be listed in June 2013.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has 10 computers with printers and a copy machine. There are four microfilm readers and one microfiche reader.
- Center Services include free individual personal assistance.
Staff Research Specialties
(specialty listing to be listed by June 2013)
Resources in the Local Area
- The Grants Pass Historical Society is an active group of people dedicated to helping others find their family history. They hold monthly meetings with speakers who share various topics of genealogical interest. Their meetings are the second Tuesday of the month and are held in the LDS Church located in the same building as the Grants Pass Family History Center.
- The Josephine County Museum has a large collection of information regarding the local area. They also sell local history books.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Information about the volunteers coming June 2013)
- This page was last modified on 6 June 2013, at 21:20.
- This page has been accessed 365 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More