Granite County, MontanaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Granite County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Granite County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1893|
|Address|| Granite County Courthouse|
Philipsburg, MT 59858
Granite County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 2 March 1893 from Deer Lodge
- County seat: Philipsburg 
- Neighboring Counties: Beaverhead | Deer Lodge | Missoula | Powell | Ravalli
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
County Recorder has birth and death and death records from 1882, land records from 1884 and burial records from 1893; Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records
Family History Centers
- Western States Marriage Index includes marriages 1893-1894
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.
- This page was last modified on 14 May 2013, at 15:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,321 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More