FamilySearch Wiki:Maintenance and Patrolling CommitteeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
If you have small blocks of time (or even large ones), the Maintenance and Patrolling Committee needs you! There are many tasks that need to be performed on a regular basis to ensure that the FamilySearch Wiki is clean and in compliance with its Guidelines and Governing Principles. Maintenance work is a vital part of keeping the Research Wiki user friendly for its researchers.
Members of this committee will:
- Choose a task/tasks from the list of maintenance work that might interest you, and then spend time helping to clean up that task.
- Provide input on tasks that need to be included in the current list.
- Help Patrol new and changed pages to maintain accuracy and make sure the content is within the scope of the FamilySearch Wiki.
- Assist in watching Help Content and Policy pages.
- Page deletion support.
- Teach others how to perform the maintenance tasks.
You can help
If you would like to share your talents and knowledge by participating in this committee, sign up here by indicating:
- Username: Link to your User page and Discussion page in this column
- Areas of Expertise: Add your area of expertise or any additional information you would like to include. Also, indicate if you would be willing to be a Chairman for this committee.
|Username||Areas of Expertise|
|Sandralpond||Chairman - Wiki Support team|
Training is provided in each of these areas - if you're interested in helping,
but not sure where you would best fit, contact us!
- This page was last modified on 13 October 2011, at 20:34.
- This page has been accessed 428 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More