FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 17 January 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Jane Colmenares for all the time and effort she has put into the Wiki, especially as part of the support team
Updates and follow up
- Wiki Projects that are inactive - a page has been created that will hold completed, inactive, etc. projects. FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProjects Seeking Contributors/Inactive. As far as I can determine, I've moved projects that fit that criteria into the new page. Steve Cottrell has created a new template that can be put on pages on that list. Alabama is an example. averyld
- Goals: Evaluate 2012 and give ideas for goals for 2013 Lynda.
- Moderators – let’s talk about adding a Things to Do page to their responsibilities
- Reference Review Moderator Talk
- If there's an on-going project for a locality, it wouldn't work to have the moderator do this, unless that moderator is appointed as head of the project.
- How do Adopt a page people? Do we involve them? - Adopters could develop a project for their topics also. Are moderators working with Adopters, societies?
Community Council Report
New Agenda Items
- FS Google Groups has spam and there's no way to control it, so as a Forums replacement, this could be a problem
- Forums replacements are still being tested
- Survey on Wiki is not working
- Copyright - use of Non-commercial licensing (to prevent someone from using images, etc. from the Wiki for commerical use, in a book for example). Is there a concern?
- Non-conferencing sessions at Rootstech - ideas
- Schedule a breakfast - talk to Linda Gulbransen or Dianne Loosli (David Dilts)
- What is FamilySearch planning? (ask Art Johnson - Lynda)
- Pass along cards?
- This page was last modified on 18 January 2013, at 17:17.
- This page has been accessed 221 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More