FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 15 November 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
New Agenda Items
- New home page
- It was suggested that in place of "not names" above the search box, that the wording be changed to "not individuals", make it more clear.
- United States, How to Find Genealogy Records example of a core page. Helps someone find information about specific records and where to find them, how to use them. Links to the page would be welcome, where it would be helpful.
- Standardizing state pages - ongoing project, with emphasis on digital records. Nathan will be contacted by someone working on a Beginner's Corner
- Community Council held its first meeting and Jane Colemnares was elected to be the Chair. See the Wiki pages for their charter, minutes, etc. They will be working with the Family History Library staff, in a council that they have formed, regarding the Wiki. Steve will be creating a page where the community can post items for the Community Council.
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2012, at 20:45.
- This page has been accessed 143 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More