Essex Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes D-FEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Below is a list of Essex parishes beginning with the letters D through F and the ecclesiastical courts with pre-1858 probate jurisdiction over them. Once you have identified a court of interest, search indexes. Search the courts in the order given. Click on a court name for more information about the court.
To go to the list for another letter, click on a letter:
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 14 August 2009, at 21:02.
- This page has been accessed 424 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More