Dayton, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Original Church Records
- Catholic Church. St. Paul of the Cross, Church records, 1861-1977 (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1982). FHL Film 1292994 Original records destroyed in a fire, these are compilations of data of baptisms, marriages and deaths.
- Methodist Episcopal Church, Villenova Circuit (Villeno va, New York), Church records, 1856-1867 (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1986). FHL Film 1437513 Item 10. Contains a list of members, baptisms, and marriages.
Painted Hills Genealogy Society
Genealogical Resources: The Historical and Biographical History of Dayton, Cattaraugus County, NY
Archives, Libraries and Museums
The town of Dayton does not have a library but check out Cattaraugus County’s Library System to locate the towns close to Dayton that have public libraries.
Dayton Historical Museum
9561 Route 62
Dayton, NY 14041
Dayton Historical Society
PO Box 15
Dayton, NY 14041
Ruth Bennett, Historian
9222 Cottage Road
South Dayton, NY 14138
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Dayton, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- This page was last modified on 27 April 2012, at 21:28.
- This page has been accessed 412 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More