Croatia CensusEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Croatia Page►
- In early years, censuses were compiled for the purpose of taxation and later for military conscription and to provide an overview of the population. The first military census was carried out in 1785.
- A civil census was conducted in 1804/05. Regular censuses were conducted in 1857, 1869, and every ten years, 1880-1910.
- If the name lists still exist, they are located in municipal and district archives.
- This page was last modified on 6 October 2010, at 19:25.
- This page has been accessed 747 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More