Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Stow in LindseyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Herefordshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has wills and administrations, 1571-1833 folios 1-169, on film number 200117. Indent slips have name, date and residence. Names are in the left-hand margin. Old English documents are in poor condition, torn and stained. Films can be view in the library or in a family history center.
Stow in Lindsey including the hamlets of Bransby, Sturton and Normanby by Stow.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 15:59.
- This page has been accessed 226 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More