Court of the Peculiar of the Bishop of ExeterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
England Devonshire Probate Records
A general explanation of probate records in England, is given in the article England Probate Records.
Step By Step
Follow these steps to look for a probate record before 1858:
1. Discover when and where your ancestor died. If you don’t know, use the approximate date and place where they lived.
2. Go to the Court Jurisdictions section below.
3. Click a letter or span of letters for your place. This opens an article showing a table of places and the courts that had jurisdiction over them.
4. Follow the steps at the top of the table to search for a will.
Published and Printed Indexes
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has copies of the original and registered wills.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 16:09.
- This page has been accessed 168 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More