Court of the Peculiar of Great CressinghamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact the Norfolk Record Office and either make a personal visit to the record office or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
The Court of the Peculiar of Great Cressingham probate records have to some extent been indexed in the following:
A general will index for this probate court is available.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Norfolk Record Office has indexed a considerable number of the wills from this court and is available in the following:
- Index of wills proved in the Court of the Peculiar of Great Cressingham, compiled by Patrick Palgrave-Moore in FHL book call #942.61 B4m vol. 16. These are probate indexes covering the years 1675-1749.
Norfolk Record Office
The Archive Centre
Telephone: 01603 222599
Fax: 01603 761885
Original Wills 1700-1749
Register Copy Wills 1675-1742
Family History Library Records
Administrations 1702-1751(Under notes Section of page)
Inventories 1707-1720(Under notes section of page)
The Court of the Peculiar of Great Cresingham held jurisdiction over the following County Norfolk parish:
Probate records of the Court of the Peculiar of Great Cressingham commence from as early as 1675 to 1749.
- This page was last modified on 23 January 2012, at 18:37.
- This page has been accessed 256 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More