Community Wiki Support Meeting 14 March 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
- Our newest missionary, from Nebraska. We are thrilled to have him.
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance report - Sandra
- Unused and wanted templates are large
- We still have 33 in unresolved
- Categories - making great progress
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
- Patrolling - Recent Changes
- We need to recognize contributors who are new and who are doing a lot of editing - ideas for the best way to do that are needed. Steve is working on the main welcome message
- Sandra is welcoming new users who don't have user pages yet
- Talk pages need to be addressed the same way we do AmDocs cases so that cases are checked within 24 hours and to acknowledge the individuals posting on the Talk pages
- When something comes in on a Talk page, we might not be able to handle it. We might need to let someone else know about the questions and direct those to the correct people
- We could use the new contributor skype chat to ask that group if someone is working on a particular area where there is a Talk page that should be checked. We could put the link in that chat.
- It isn't always our team's responsiblity to respond to everything on the Talk pages. Bring items more to the awareness of the people who are working on those things.
- Family History Center Locator - Site links being changed to the wiki - Charles is adding new centers and correcting names to correspond with the official list on the locator
- FamilySearch Center is term to denote any family history centers (research locations)
- Large Multi-stake centers are now called FamilySearch Libraries (page in wiki needs to be re-named)
- Small centers are still called Family History Centers, officially. Their name has not been changed yet. Until the name change is official, we will not change the names in the wiki, as well as references to them.
- When we do make the name changes, we need to keep the re-directs and change all the pages that are included
- Due Date changes on State Help Wanted pages
- RootsTech lunch?
- Rorie, Lynda, Janell - Dennis on Sat. - meet on Sat. in food area (same as last year) 12:00-12:15
- Dennis will contact Rick and Blake
- Janell's session is Fri. at 11:00
- Reaching out to moderators on help wanted pages
- Show a couple completed help wanted pages
Improve the Wiki
Sussex Family Historian page -we decided it's a good page
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:
- This page was last modified on 14 March 2013, at 16:23.
- This page has been accessed 170 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More