Community Meeting Agenda 2 June 2009Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- A change in the agenda. Be bold! Post your agenda items directly on the agenda! If discussions or great detail need to be given, post them on the discussion page and link to them from a short bullet item on the agenda page. Ritcheymt 17:43, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ritcheymt will no longer be moving items from the Discussion page to the Agenda page. If you want your item on the Agenda, post it there! Ritcheymt 17:54, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ritcheymt will no longer be moving items from previous weeks' Agendas or Discussion pages to the current week's Agenda. If your item didn't get covered in a previous week and you still want it to be covered, add it to the current week's agenda! Ritcheymt 17:54, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- See a recurring theme here? It is that LDS Church Headquarters doesn't "own" the wiki community meeting. The more that Church HQ assumes ownership, the less this meeting will go in the direction the community wants. So we're stepping back and hoping the community will fill the void. (If not, these meetings will be short.) ;-) Ritcheymt 17:54, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Carryover from Last Week
Is it appropriate to provide vendor names and contact information on the Wiki? As an example see
That was discussed and covered to an extent on Access Code. dsammy 20:04, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Are we having a problem with code being added by the system? Or is it my computer? I've noticed that there seems to be & code being added, especially to FHL call numbers, or is that a carry-over from an earlier problem and I'm just noticing it because I'm editiing some old content? Jbparker 19:56, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Action needed on these specific ones from MoS (Manual of Style)
Format for OCLC and FHLC works
Links to FHLC works
Turbian? Shown Mills? Chicago?
Discussions stopped on these 3 for some time, requesting action to determine.
- This page was last modified on 22 April 2010, at 10:03.
- This page has been accessed 517 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More