Cibola County, New MexicoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Cibola County New Mexico genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Cibola County, New Mexico|
Location of New Mexico in the U.S.
|Founded||June 19, 1981|
|Address|| Cibola County Courthouse |
515 W High Avenue
Grants, NM 87020-2526
Cibola County Website
- Up until 1821 - New Spain controlled land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Some records of early settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
- From 1821 until 1846 - Mexico had jurisdiction over the land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Some records of this period may have been sent to archives in Mexico City. Starting in 1846 United States forces occupied New Mexico during the Mexican-American War.
- 1848 - Land that became Cibola County formally became a part of the United States when the Mexican War ended with ratification of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
Pioneer Memorial Park (also known as Bluewater Cemetery) in Bluewater NM at Find A Grave. From I-40, take the Bluewater Village exit, 606 or Main Street. South 1 mile to stopsign, turn left. About three quarters of a mile, the cemetery will be off to the right.
McNeill Private Cemetery in Bluewater NM at Find A Grave. From I-40, take the Bluewater Village exit, 606 or Main Street. South a quarter mile, turn right on Center Street west a half mile, turn left on Fir Street south about a quarter mile. Cemetery will be on the right.
Cibola County Cemeteries at Cibola New Mexico GenWeb.
For tips on accessing Cibola County, New Mexico census records online, see: New Mexico Census.
Land Records since 1981 are located at the County Clerks Office of Cibola County NM
Land Records before 1981 are located at the County Clerks Office of Valencia County NM
Most of the land in New Mexico was originally obtained from the US federal government by a patent. These General Land Office Records are searchable online and most have free images of patents to download. The minimum information needed for a search is the state where the land is located and the name of the person receiving the patent. Surveys and Land Status Records can also be searched here.
Cibola county NM Newspapers found at Library of Congress
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Grants Family History Center
1010 Bondad Street
Grants New Mexico 87020
- USGenWeb project. Maps, name indexes, history and other information for this county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cibola County, New Mexico page 473, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This New Mexico-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 20 March 2013, at 00:52.
- This page has been accessed 1,574 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More