Christ Church Parish, Middlesex, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Mason, George Carrington. "The Colonial Churches of Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, 2nd Ser., Vol. 19, No. 1 (Jan. 1939):8-24. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Mason, George Carrington. Colonial Churches of Tidewater Virginia. Richmond, Virginia: Whittet & Shepperson, 1945. Available at FamilySearch Books Online; FHL. [Includes Middlesex County.]
The original parish registers are kept at ????. They have been abstracted several times:
- The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Virginia. The Parish Register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Va. from 1653 to 1812. Richmond, Va.: Wm. Ellis Jones, Steam Book and Job Printer, 1897. Digital version at Internet Archive.
This book has also been converted into databases at FamilySearch - free:
This book has also been converted into databases at Ancestry ($):
O'Brien attempts to identify Irish surnames in this parish's register:
- O'Brien, Michael J. "Virginia, Middlesex County. - Extracts from the Parish Register of Christ Church," The Journal of the American Irish Historical Society, Vol. 12 (1913):149-155. Available at FHL; digital version at Google Books.
- Chamberlayne, C.G. The Vestry Book of Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia, 1663-1767. Richmond, Va.: Old Dominion Press, 1927. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Christ Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 246-257.
- This page was last modified on 27 March 2013, at 01:10.
- This page has been accessed 3,008 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More