Cambridge England Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 670, Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge CB1 8D
- The Cambridge Family History Centre is housed in the back right hand corner of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building.
- Car Park is behind the building, the entrance to the car park is off Greystoke Road.
- Link to map Cambridge Family History Centre
Phone: 01223 247010
- Tues: 10am-9pm
Centre Directors: Dave and Marilyn Marchant
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Irish Films including Tithe Applotment Books, Scottish Films including some Parish Records, London Parish Record Collection (incomplete). UK Census Films and Fiche 1841-1891 (incomplete). England and Wales BMD Index on Fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers with internet access, two with printer capability. Two film readers and one digital film/fiche reader. One portable micro-fiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Assistance for beginning researchers UK and USA.
Resources in the Local Area
Cambridge Family History Society
Volunteer at the Centre
We welcome volunteers with knowledge of local area research.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2013, at 09:01.
- This page has been accessed 598 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More